From: James Erickson <psykojime@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] kvm and intel E5450 processor
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2009 03:17:15
1 today i installed two quad core Intel Xeon
2 E5450's (Harpertown). i notice in /proc/cpuinfo i no longer have a vmx
3 flag as i had with my previous Intel E5405's. i have also noticed that
4 my /dev/kvm device is no longer created. VT is enabled in the bios. the
5 data for the E5450's states that they have Intel Virtualization
6 Technology. so why dont i have a /dev/kvm? have i spent all that money
7 on processors that can't use kvm? can anyone shed some light on this
8 issue for me? i am confused.
9
10 James Erickson
11
13 Microsoft brings you a new way to search the web. Try Bing™ now
14 http://www.bing.com?form=MFEHPG&publ=WLHMTAG&crea=TEXT_MFEHPG_Core_tagline_try bing_1x1