From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] *** STOP misuing this list for personal attacks ***
Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2014 16:06:45
1 On 23/03/2014 12:11, Tom Wijsman wrote:
2 > On Sun, 23 Mar 2014 04:52:47 -0500
3 > Bruce Hill <daddy@×××××××××××××××××××××.com> wrote:
4 >
5 >> It's my sincere hope that someone's persistence hammered some common
6 >> sense and email etiquette into his attitude.
7 >
8 > Other Gentoo Developers did; but, I'll make an exception for this list.
9 >
10 > "The mailing list etiquette requires people to CC all the people
11 > involved in a particular thread in replies to the mailing list, in case
12 > any of them is not subscribed."
13 >
14 > — http://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Procmail
18 And you have been told repeatedly that the actual real life users on
19 this actual real life list would like you to stop doing it. We didn't
20 write that FAQ, I fail to see how it applies and this is not -dev, not
21 does QA play any role in this.
22
23 Now please learn to play by the rules and expectations of the existing
24 users of a community you have joined newly. If the doc is so important
25 to you, please update it with an exception for -user and state this is
26 the general consensus of that list.
27
28 Then please learn how to back down and gracefully accept the wishes of
29 others. You have no special rights here.
33 Alan McKinnon
34 alan.mckinnon@×××××.com