From: Volker Armin Hemmann <volkerarmin@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] a multi-process browser?
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2009 04:09:32
1 On Sonntag 15 Februar 2009, zhangweiwu@××××××.com wrote:
2 > I always wonder if I can run firefox multi-process instead of
3 > multi-threads. I hate to see the browser hang trying to open a huge
4 > webpage (>10MB) and that's frequent case in China.
5 > Usually at such case I have to lanuch a different browser (e.g.
6 > epiphany) in order to keep browsing during loading the big page in Fx.
7 > And I think, if fx is itself multi-processed, then each tab or window I
8 > open is a process, then it is pretty much alike that I open eiphany when
9 > firefox is busy. It should work better.
10 >
11 > If this is not possible just with a USE flag, is there a browser that
12 > works in Gentoo and is designed to be mult-process?
13 >
14 > I only know safari is multi-process (per window) but it doesn't work on
15 > Gentoo.
16
17 konqueror
18