From: daid kahl <daidxor@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] fsck won't work if ac cord not attached?!
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 17:05:26
1 >> > Right.
2 >>
3 >> wrong
4 >>
5 >> > Of course, if there are serious filesystem structural problems you'll
6 >> > want to get them solved, but it's either a LiveCD chroot or disable
7 >> > fsck at boot.
8 >>
9 >> There's nothing wrong with the filesystem. It's ext2  and requires
10 >> being checked at every boot.
11 >
12 > Wrong. There is no need to fsck ext2 at every boot. The default is to check it
13 > every 26 mounts. You can change that if you want, and send your reboot times
14 > sky-high..
15 >
16 >> Before that it wouldn't boot at all.
17 >
18 > That would appear to be a completely separate issue.
19
20 Exactly. In fact, we had a lab computer running a 2.2 kernel and it
21 was failing fsck and wouldn't boot, so I just turned off the fsck at
22 boot. Hey, the filesystem could be corrupted, but it boots!
23
24 ~daid