From: Michael Sullivan <msulli1355@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] udev (probably)
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2009 22:14:23
1 I've been working all day rearranging furniture in my apartment. I got
2 the my computer to its new spot and hooked everything up and booted and
3 I saw a message that said something about some kernel option that was
4 turned on that shouldn't be, and that udev might not work. When I got
5 logged in, I found that Mythtv was all screwed up and that it said I
6 didn't have any programs set to record. LiveTV didn't work at all. My
7 tv card (dev/video0); ls says it's there, but cat says it's not. When I
8 used /etc/init.d/udev I got a message saying that the udev initscript
9 only works with baselayout 2 and that I shouldn't use it with baselayout
10 1. I didn't even know I was using baselayout 1! Anyway, is there a
11 way, after I've booted the computer, to access those messages shown at
12 startup?