From: Iain Buchanan <iaindb@××××××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] netscape-flash doesn't work with firefox 1.5
Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2006 23:17:09
1 Hi,
2
3 I was following the thread "problem with firefox + netscape-flash"
4 because flash doesn't work for me either, but the OP's solution was to
5 remove the debug use flag from firefox, which I don't have anyway.
6
7 So, I unmerged netscape-flash, deleted any macromedia directories or
8 stale flash plugins lying around, and reinstalled netscape-flash.
9
10 When I go to http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/welcome/ I get the
11 firefox message "Additional plugins are required to display all the
12 media on this page."
13
14 Then I click on the "Install Missing Plugins..." and after a status bar
15 it says:
16
17 No suitable plugins were found.
18 Unknown Plugin [Manual Install]
19
20 The "Manual Install" button takes me to "Shockwave Player Download
21 Center" which says "We are unable to locate a Web player that matches
22 your platform and browser."
23
24 Now what? netscape-flash is the right ebuild for firefox isn't it?
25
26 Any help appreciated,
27 thanks,
31 He is no lawyer who cannot take two sides.
34 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list