From: antlists <antlists@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gentoo system suddenly failed to boot.
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2021 18:48:43
1 On 17/02/2021 11:50, gevisz wrote:
2 > It is a good question. My motherboard is Gigabyte Ultra Durable GA-MA790FXT-UD5P
3 > and I had problems with it from the very beginning in the sense that it is
4 > quite often doesn't see my SATA disks on the first boot (though, on the second
5 > reboot it usually finds them). It is also quite often that it stops booting
6 > the legacy operating system and automatically reboots before showing
7 > a login screen.
8
9 Sounds a bit like the mobo on my current main system - a GA-785GMT-UD2H.
10 Not sure how old it is - it has an Athlon X-III and DDR3 ram, but it
11 keeps on forgetting its settings at boot (resetting to default), and I
12 gave up updating gentoo, because when I retired my Athlon Thunderbird
13 system, I could no longer get the updates to run without crashing. It's
14 crazy - I used to cross-compile on the Thunderbird, just to get it to
15 build successfully!!!
16
17 I've now got a new system to replace it, but that's still a project...
18
19 Cheers,
20 Wol