From: walt <w41ter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: glibc 2.13 warning
Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2011 23:37:02
1 On 02/09/2011 02:31 PM, Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Wed, 9 Feb 2011 23:23:50 +0100, Nils Holland wrote:
3 >
4 >> Thanks a lot, I've read your mail just in time. Actually, glibc 2.13
5 >> krept onto my first machine Monday night - I generally test new
6 >> versions of such "far reaching" stuff as glibc on a single machine
7 >> first before letting to onto all of my boxes. I didn't have any
8 >> problems with the new glibc, and tonight I would have updated a few
9 >> additional machines, one of which happens to run Postfix.
10 >
11 > That's what happened to me, I updated one box, rebooted, made sure things
12 > worked and then updated the Postfix server and the prelinked desktop.
13
14 Could you explain a bit about prelinking? Does it have anything to do with
15 the sys-devel/prelink package or the gentoo 'prelink' useflag?
16
17 Or maybe Alan, if he's done polishing his humility plugin :p