From: Matthew Marlowe <matt@××××××××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Gentoo segfaults on virtualbox-4.1.14 when running on AMD bulldozer
Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2012 00:26:38
1 On Fri, Apr 27, 2012 at 3:54 PM, Markos Chandras <hwoarang@g.o> wrote:
2 > On 04/27/2012 11:45 PM, Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
3 >> On 27/04/12 22:35, Markos Chandras wrote:
4 >>> I replaced my Phenom II cpu with a new 6-core AMD bulldozer. However, I
5 >>> noticed that all of my Gentoo virtual machines throw (compiler)
6 >>> segmentation faults when building or running any application.
9 I'm not familiar with virtualbox, but I've seen similar issues occur
10 with vmware and the solution was to at least temporarily mask whatever
11 new cpu flags the new hypervisor was passing to the guest. In vmware,
12 one could limit the cpu flags to maintain compatibility with various
13 cpu releases which was especially helpful in clusters.... Yes, your
14 gentoo vms should have been fine ..but at least until you track down
15 the issue, see if virtualbox has a similar feature?
18 Matthew Marlowe
20 https://www.twitter.com/deploylinux
21 1-805-857-9144