From: Matthias Fechner <idefix@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Find root partition
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2011 16:08:51
1 Dear list,
2
3 I switched now to a new mainboard and it seems that the drive numbering
4 changed or my kernel does not detect any hard disks...
5 If I try to boot my gentoo the kernel panic because it cannot find the
6 root partition.
7
8 After the panic I cannot scroll up to check what drives are detected and
9 which numbering is used. What must I do to be able to scroll up to see
10 what is logged to the screen?
11 (is there maybe a special key available, the shift+page-up and scroll is
12 not working)
13
14 Thanks
15 Matthias
19 "Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to
20 build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to
21 produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning." --
22 Rich Cook