From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] 'buntu --> gentoo --> eeepcFIXED
Date: Tue, 05 May 2009 08:47:30
1 On Mon, 4 May 2009 20:32:33 -0700 (PDT), maxim wexler wrote:
2
3 > > Does the dialup work at all. Can you ping any of the gentoo
4 > > mirrors? Did
5 > > mirrorselect work?
6 >
7 > emerge mirrorselect is further down the page under "Last configuration
8 > touches". Which is a puzzlement. Before failing portage tried
9 > connecting to a long list of sites. How did portage know where to look?
10 > make.conf has only the CFLAGS and CHOST lines. Nothing about where to
11 > look for files.
12
13 Portage uses sensible defaults wherever possible.
14
15 > Yeah, the weird thing is I could download stuff onto the Desktop but
16 > not emerge or even wget from the chrooted environment.
17
18 Did you copy /etc/resolv.conf to your chroot?
19
20 > IIRC tuxonice's wifi wouldn't work so I used xubuntu, wifi starts up
21 > automaticamente on this model.
22
23 I'm sending this from my Eee PC 900 running tuxonice-sources-2.6.29-r1,
24 you need to enable ATH5K.
28 Neil Bothwick
29
30 Top Oxymorons Number 20: Synthetic natural gas