From: Maurice E Johnson <maurice.e.johnson@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] ndiswrapper module problem
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2006 02:10:01
1 Try
2
3 # env-update
4 #source /etc/profile
5
6 DOH!!!
7
8 reboot with hardware still connected :)
9
10 On Sun, 2006-04-23 at 00:50 +0200, Fernando Meira wrote:
11
12 > On 4/22/06, Gary Walker <garywalker@×××××.com> wrote:
18 > On 20/04/06, Fernando Meira <fmeira@×××××.com> wrote:
19 >
20 > Hi,
21 >
22 > after updating ndiswrapper to version 1.13 i became
23 > unable to use it.
24 > I get this in dmesg:
25 > ndiswrapper: Unknown symbol wrap_suspend_urbs
26 > ndiswrapper: Unknown symbol wrap_resume_urbs
27 >
28 > Are you using a USB based wifi adapter? I got this error with
29 > 1.13 and found that adding usb to make.conf and rebuilding
30 > ndiswrapper fixed it. I'm pretty sure there is more
31 > information on the gentoo forums if you need it.
35 > Anyone knows what could be the problem?
36 >
37 > Thanks,
38 >
39 > Fernando
47 > Hi,
48 > no I'm not using USB. I'm using a PCMCIA card.
49 > The card is working without problems, unless this:
50 >
51 > # ndiswrapper -l
52 > Installed drivers:
53 > lsbcmnds driver installed, hardware present
54 > modules.ndiswrapper invalid driver!
55 >
56 > Why invalid driver??
57 > I only noticed this after upgrading ndiswrapper to 1.13 (then it was
58 > not working).
59 > After downgrading back to 1.9, this issue persists.. but the card
60 > works as before!
61 >
62 > Fernando.