From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Does this drive need a funeral?
Date: Wed, 02 Nov 2011 01:36:58
1 Dale wrote:
4 > So, if you see things like this in your log file, rescue data real
5 > soon. Make a note of this since this could happen on your rig one day.
6 >
7 > Now I know this is a Western Digital drive. Let's all face it, they
8 > all die eventually. I just find it ironic that it is only a few
9 > months out of warranty. :-@
10 >
11 > Oh, funny how that drive ran fine on Linux then croaked when put in a
12 > windoze rig. Maybe WD just hates M$ as much as I do. LOL
13 >
14 > Dale
15 >
16 > :-) :-)
19 One last update. When you zero the drive then cfdisk tells you this:
20
21 FATAL ERROR: Cannot read disk drive
22 Press any key to exit cfdisk
23
24 I think that means you have a nice new door stop. My first drive to
25 ever fail that I recall. I still say windoze screwed up my drive. It
26 lasted about 3 days in the windoze rig.
27
28 Dale
29