From: Willie Wong <wwong@×××××××××.EDU>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] usb mp3 player can't be mounted
Date: Fri, 06 Jul 2007 01:39:09
1 On Thu, Jul 05, 2007 at 12:20:38PM -0700, Penguin Lover maxim wexler squawked:
2 > > concerning USB settings, the same. But how about
3 > > SCSI disk support? It
4 >
5 > It's there.
6 >
7 > > CONFIG_SCSI_MULTI_LUN=y
10 > No help.
11 >
12 > OS finds the device and scans it but refuses to assign
13 > a drive letter.
14 >
15 > -mw
16
17 Perhaps a udev problem? What is your kernel version and what is your
18 udev version? I had a problem several months ago when a usb mass
19 storage device gets scanned but udev would not create the entry in
20 /dev. For me the solution is to either downgrade udev to a version
21 compatible with the running kernel or to upgrade my kernel so it
22 communicates well with udev.
23
24 W
25 --
26 It's one o them musics with little sticky prongs all over it
27 so it can cling to the inside of your head for days.
28 ~S
29 Sortir en Pantoufles: up 209 days, 23:56
30 --
31 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list