From: tuxic@××××××.de
To: Gentoo <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] CUDA_VISIBLE_DEVICE not working?
Date: Sun, 02 Jun 2019 15:13:23
1 Hi,
2
3 My PC has two graphics cards, both NVIDIA.
4 One for exclusively running render jobs (Blender)
5 and one for the desktop, so that the desktop
6 does not get slowed down when running blender renderings.
7
8 That has worked fine...until now...(cannot remember exactly
9 when this happes since I do not render each day...)
10
11 To get that working I set the CUDA device to be used inside
12 Blenders User Preferences to one graphics card and set the
13 other one via the environment variable CUDA_VISIBLE_DEVICES
14 for X and the desktop.
15
16 Has something changed inside the nvidia drivers, which
17 prevents this setup to work?
18 Is there something known which relates to this problem?
19
20 (I searched the nvidia drivers docs on my harddisc and found
21 nothing and the internet gives me to much too old hits related
22 to CUDA_VISIBLE_DEVICES to be useful...)
23
24 Cheers!
25 Meino