From: Daniel Pielmeier <daniel.pielmeier@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Tkinter, where ?
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2007 18:14:38
1 >> It is ignored by portage as the scribus ebuild has no tk use flag which
2 >> should probably implemented. With this use flag portage will complain
3 >> about missing tkinter and advises you to reinstall python with tkinter
4 >> support.
5 >>
6 >> I had this kind of problem with another package before.
7 >>
8 >> Time to fill a bug!
9 >>
10 >> Regards,
11 >>
12 >> Daniel
13 >
14 > Same here. Do you plan to file this bug? I don't have the error, I
15 > suspect you don't either and I would imagine the OP doesn't either now
16 > that it is working.
17 >
18 > It does need to be fixed though.
19 >
20 > Dale
21 >
22 > :-) :-) :-)
26 This only affects users who don`t have the tk use flag set for python
27 and want to use the scribus font sampler script. As such things should
28 automatically treated by portage, there should be filed a bug.
29
30 I don't use scribus myself, but i can file the bug. I don`t think it is
31 a big thing to fix, just introduce the tk use flag in the ebuild and and
32 add a check whether python is built with the tk use flag.
33
34 There are also other things in the ebuild which i think they should be
35 fixed. I will report here when the bug is ready.
36
37 Regards,
38
39 Daniel