From: Willie Wong <wwong@××××××××××××××.edu>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] cannot d/l dmg2img ebuild
Date: Mon, 07 Sep 2009 14:58:14
1 On Mon, Sep 07, 2009 at 04:53:05PM +0300, Penguin Lover Arttu V. squawked:
2 > On 9/7/09, Willie Wong <wwong@××××××××××××××.edu> wrote:
3 > > On Mon, Sep 07, 2009 at 08:19:09PM +0800, Penguin Lover Xi Shen squawked:
4 > >> when i am trying to d/l the dmg2img ebuild, i found that the filename
5 > >> trying to d/l is 'download?dmg2img-1.6.tar.gz'. since th '?' mark has
6 > >> special mean in http/ftp, i cannot d/l the file. i have check many
7 > >> mirrors around the world, the results are the same. i think there's
8 > >> some wrong on the author's server, which cause this wrong filename.
9 > >> could someone here fix this?
10 > >
11 > > So your really should be trying to download
12 > >
13 > > http://vu1tur.eu.org/tools/download.pl?dmg2img-1.6.1.tar.gz
14 >
15 > My guess was that OP meant that Gentoo Mirrors don't seem to carry the
16 > file, even if it is still directly downloadable?
17 >
18 > Over here portage tries downloading it from mirrors first (naturally),
19 > gets 404s and then goes for the real source. So, maybe OP has a gentoo
20 > mirror available nearby (in network topology) and just wants to reduce
21 > wasted international traffic?
22
23 Ah, I didn't understand the OP correctly. I thought he was just
24 looking at the ebuild and trying to download the package manually.
25
26 Hum, it looks like that on the mirrors, the file is stored
27 as 'download.pl?dmg2img-1.6.tar.gz', which may cause a problem. I
28 think you should file a bug! Maybe tell them to change SRC_URI to
29 something like
30 SRC_URI="http://vu1tur.eu.org/tools/download.pl?${P}.tar.gz
31 mirror://gentoo/download.pl%3f${P}.tar.gz"
32 So the the link to the version on the mirror works.
33
34 Also... another thought. Don't know if it works:
35 I vaguely remember something in EAPI-2 that may fix this problem,
36
37 http://ciaranm.wordpress.com/2008/09/28/eapi-2-src_uri-arrows/
38
39 It may not get acted on just yet, but it maybe better for the future.
40 So perhaps you can try mentioning it in your bug :)
41
42 W
43 --
44 "The whole thing is silly, but follow the next step and we'll move on."
45 ~DeathMech, S. Sondhi. P-town PHY 205
46 Sortir en Pantoufles: up 1004 days, 13:26