From: "»Q«" <boxcars@×××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Debian just voted in systemd for default init system in jessie
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2014 16:53:25
1 On Mon, 17 Feb 2014 07:22:17 +0200
2 Samuli Suominen <ssuominen@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > How long has it been since Debian decided to go with systemd? Like,
5 > three? So, up until three days ago I would have disagreed since
6 > despite original upstream ditching ConsoleKit, it was still being
7 > maintained by Debian and Gentoo maintainers (me) and last release,
8 > 0.4.6, was in fact a result of that.
9
10 And Debian hopefully will keep helping with any maintenance needed on
11 it. They haven't decided to stop support of everything but systemd;
12 they've only decided systemd will be the default.