From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: sys-kernel/ck-sources - why should I use them?
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2010 11:15:33
1 On Wed, 21 Apr 2010 12:26:13 +0200, Alan McKinnon wrote:
2
3 > > Yes. Though it applies everything, not just BFS, and I'm not sure if
4 > > this a good idea or not.
5 >
6 > How is ck-sources different from zen-sources?
7 >
8 > zen-sources seems to be a gigantic mixing pot of every possible patch
9 > set ever written that might be useful to someone somewhere...
10
11 Maybe some sort of super-sources package, with the various patches
12 controlled by USE flags would be a good idea. Then we could have a kernel
13 with just the patches we want, like:
14
15 USE="gentoo reiser4 -bfs" emerge super-sources
19 Neil Bothwick
20
21 What do you have when you have six lawyers buried up to their necks in
22 sand? Not enough sand.