From: covici@××××××××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] getting blank screen when trying to start gdm
Date: Sun, 15 May 2016 19:44:06
1 Hi. Since about the end of March, I have been unable to use gnome and
2 even gdm. I am using the gnome overlay and I am using unstable gentoo
3 and nvidia drivers. I get a blank screen when I start gdm, orca just
4 comes up, but there is nothing on the screen.
5
6 I am using version 355.11-r4 of the nvidia drivers, if I use any later
7 version I get modeset errors and sometimes system crashes. I waited a
8 while because I thought that if some packages got upgraded that would
9 fix the problem, since things used to work, but its still dead as a
10 doornail, so any suggestions would be appreciated.
15 Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is:
16 How do
17 you spend it?
18
19 John Covici