From: Harry Putnam <reader@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Dynamic IP address services.
Date: Tue, 08 Nov 2016 02:32:31
1 Ian Zimmerman <itz@×××××××.net> writes:
2
3 > On 2016-11-06 22:54, Willie M wrote:
4 >
5 >> http://freedns.afraid.org/
6 >
7 > ++ ++
8 >
9 > I had used both Dyn and NoIP before, but they both went all Web 2.0 on
10 > me (and other well known ones probably did the same).
11 >
12 > FreeDNS is just perfect for me - a blast of fresh air from the past :-)
13
14 Just the tiniest bit thin on explaining what the heck you are expected
15 to do on the various pages that appear when setting up an account.
16
17 I'd like to have a real ip for a change... been doing the fake home
18 lan thing for years and always there are problems with sendmail or
19 other mail apps. Either masquerading or some other work around.
20
21 Can anyone tell me if the freedns place will supply me with an ip that
22 will work for sendmail? Will stand up across the internet when other
23 internet hosts do reverse dns on my address for mail purposes.
24
25 They advertise static addresses too, is there any draw back to that?