From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT]: Detecting frames at aspect-ratio-changes in a video file?
Date: Sat, 02 Jul 2011 10:06:38
1 On Sat, 02 Jul 2011 10:50:00 +0200, Sebastian Beßler wrote:
2
3 > > What is the name of the programm to cut off advertisings?
4 > > ATM??? IIRC???
5 > cted from initi
6 > ATM and IIRC are acronyms
7
8 If I were a pedantic old bastard (which I am) I would point out
9 that they are abbreviations, not acronyms. An acronym is a word
10 constructed from the initials or parts of other words, like radar or
11 modem.
12
13 I suppose IIRC barley qualifies if you pronounce it Erk!
17 Neil Bothwick
18
19 If Bill Gates had a dime for every time a Windows box crashed...
20 ...Oh, wait a minute, he already does.