From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Can't fetch distfiles in chroot
Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2018 05:13:42
1 I've been NFS-exporting the portage treee from a 32-bit atom box to a chroot
2 on my workstation, and it's worked well for years, if slowly.
3
4 Now when I try to do the same with a 64-bit celeron machine I'm having a
5 problem getting portage to work. If the required distfile is already present,
6 no problem, but otherwise, trying to fetch it just hangs. No errors, no
7 status, no fetch log, no progress.
8
9 Www-client/links works in the chroot as expected, so the network is set up all
10 right; portage just can't use it.
11
12 I've compared /etc/exports on the two clients; also the chroot setup scripts,
13 /usr/portage permissions, the USE flags of nfs-utils and everything else I can
14 think of. All identical apart from obvious things like 32/64 bits and network
15 names and IPs. Google hasn't helped either.
16
17 Any ideas, anyone?
20 Regards,
21 Peter.