From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Reinstall Gentoo? [Was: Building pygtk-2.22.0-r1 fails. Help, please!]
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2011 10:09:13
1 On Mon, 25 Apr 2011 08:49:35 +0100, Mick wrote:
2
3 > > What I'm saying is that you should have -doc in /etc/make.conf and
4 > > enable it on a per-package basis. The doc flag builds extra
5 > > documentation that general users don't need, man/info/html pages are
6 > > included by default (at least, that's how it is supposed to work, the
7 > > odd package, like ffmpeg, won't even include a man page without the
8 > > doc flag).
9 >
10 > The doc USE flag is disabled by default on my make.profile
11 > (amd64/10.0/desktop), so although it won't need to be set as -doc in
12 > /etc/make.conf, it will need to be set as doc in the packages that need
13 > it in /etc/portage/package.use.
14
15 I know it's disabled by default, but it seems like the OP has enabled it
16 globally.
20 Neil Bothwick
21
22 "When you play a Microsoft CD backwards you can hear demonic Voices...
23 that's nothing - when you play it forward it installs Windows"