From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Do we have to build gcc with fortran now?
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2011 19:13:48
1 Todd Goodman wrote:
2 > * Neil Bothwick<neil@××××××××××.uk> [110622 20:37]:
5 > It seemed ironic that a recent training helicopter crash near here
6 > resulted in the survivor being taken off in an air ambulance helicopter.
7 >
8 > Though most of those I know of are twin engine turbines so chances are
9 > good you won't lose both engines at once...
10 >
11 > Helicopters are for those who are pigheaded enough to want to beat the
12 > air into submission. :-)
13 >
14 > Todd
18 I saw a guy on a TV interview once. He said the only way a helicopter
19 can fly is by brute force. A airplane wants to fly but a helicopter
20 just wants to crash. He said that can be proven by taking your hands
21 off the controls. Down it goes.
22
23 Having twin engines does help tho. I just don't like the cheapest
24 bidder part tho. I don't usually buy the cheapest part for my car
25 either. That is really true on my brakes. That I want good stuff for.
26 I want good brakes even if the engine runs like crap. I can always stop
27 then get out of the freaking car. lol Of course, that is a bad idea
28 during a ice storm. Unless the car is on fire, the safest place is in
29 the freaking car. o_O
30
31 Weird huh?
32