From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Editing Init Scripts
Date: Wed, 14 May 2014 14:13:22
1 On Wed, 14 May 2014 09:40:03 -0400, Hunter Jozwiak wrote:
2
3 > Hi all. I wish to edit the Speakup init script such that I don'at have
4 > to type:
5 >
6 > #echo soft > /sys/accessibility/speakup/synth && espeakup
7 >
8 > Every time I boot and login to my system. I added the echo portion of
9 > the command to the start() part of the script, above the ebegin line,
10 > but it didn't work. Is there anything else I need to do, or is this not
11 > possible?
12
13 You should put this in a start_pre() function in the init script to
14 ensure it is run before the service is started. See man runscript.
18 Neil Bothwick
19
20 Actually, Microsoft is sort of a mixture between the Borg and the Ferengi.