From: q-parser <quickparser@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] mod_perl2
Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2005 16:13:08
1 Antoine wrote:
2
3 > Hi,
4 > I just can't seem to figure out how to get perl working on apache2.
5 > There don't seem to be any decent gentoo-specific docs, and it seems
6 > like the names of config files are changing constantly :-(.
7 > Anyway, I have installed ~x86 apache2 and mod_perl. What do I do now?
8 > I have tried to test things but when I put the following in httpd.conf
9 > apache no longer starts.
10 >
11 > Alias /perl/ /home/httpd/perl/
12 > <Location /perl>
13 > SetHandler perl-script
14 > PerlHandler Apache::Registry
15 > Options ExecCGI
16 > PerlSendHeader
17 > On PerlSetupEnv On </Location>
18 >
19 > tux ~ # /etc/init.d/apache2 restart
20 > * Apache2 has detected a syntax error in your configuration files:
21 > Syntax error on line 1104 of /etc/apache2/httpd.conf:
22 > Invalid command 'PerlHandler', perhaps mis-spelled or defined by a
23 > module not included in the server configuration
24 > Can someone point me in the right direction? It seems a lot more
25 > complicated than simply adding -D PHP4...
26 > Cheers
27 > Antoine
28
29 I have installed mod_perl with no diffuculties. All I had to do after
30 installing was to add update /etc/conf.d/apache2 and add -D PERL to line
31 APACHE2_OPTS. I restarted apache and perl was working.
32 --
33 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list