From: Vlad Dogaru <ddvlad@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Fluxbox/Conky acting up
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 22:41:01
1 Hello everyone,
2
3 I had Conky start automatically when I log in to Fluxbox by adding the
4 following line to .fluxbox/startup:
5
6 exec /usr/bin/conky &
7
8 It is before exec /usr/bin/fluxbox (a howto warned me about this pitfall)
9 and everything works as expected. The only problem is that when I exit my
10 Fluxbox session, Conky doesn't stop, but rather starts eating up my CPU
11 (could this be because when I log back in I start another instance of it?).
12 It can't be killed with a KILL signal, but I noticed HUP will do the trick.
13 Is this normal? How can I have Conky stopped at logout?
14
15 Thanks,
16 Vlad
19 How's my English? How about my Netiquette?
20 Do mail me if something is wrong with my behaviour. Thank you.