From: "András Csányi" <sayusi.ando@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: time issue
Date: Tue, 31 May 2011 16:17:47
1 On 30 May 2011 10:15, András Csányi <sayusi.ando@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Hi All,
3 >
4 > I have a little problem regarding time.  After every boot I have to
5 > setup my clock because about my machine the current time is +2 hour
6 > more. To be honest, this is a little bit annoying.
7 > What I did:
8 >
9 > - According to install guide I have copied the
10 > /usr/share/zoneinfo/Europe/Budapest to /etc/localtime
11 > - According to localization guide [1] I have to set up the current
12 > timezone in the /etc/conf.d/clock file but this file is missing. I
13 > have checked it the original stage-3 pack from Hungarian mirror and I
14 > couldn't find there as well. I think this file is removed.
15 >
16 > So my question is that, what should I do to have the current time
17 > automatically (I'm in Hungary/Budapest)? Should I make a new clock
18 > file?
19 >
20 > [1] - http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/guide-localization.xml
21 >
22 > Thanks for any help in advance!
23
24 Thank you for your help! This problem is resolved.
25 For the record, I edited the hwclock file, I created the /etc/timezone
26 file and I symlinked the proper file from zoneinfo directory to
27 /etc/localtime, and a ntp daemon was installed, as well.
28
29 It looks like everything is working fine!
32 - -
33 --  Csanyi Andras (Sayusi Ando)  -- http://sayusi.hu --
34 http://facebook.com/andras.csanyi
35 --  ""Trust in God and keep your gunpowder dry!" - Cromwell