From: Robin Atwood <robin.atwood@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Ati or Nvida
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2008 13:51:41
1 On Tuesday 17 Jun 2008, Platoali wrote:
2
3 > And I want to know which one is better supported in Linux kernel
4 > regardless of how much open/free the drivers is. I'm currently
5 > thinking between Nvidia Quadro fx 1700 and Ati firegl 5600. Does
6 > anyone have any comment about them?
7
8 I don't know if this helps but my laptop has an Mobility Radeon 9600 M10 chip
9 which I use the x11-base/x11-drm drivers with and it's fine. I think it's
10 only 2D though, i.e. googlemaps is unusable. However, everything is
11 open-source.
12
13 HTH
14 -Robin