From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] X11 without udev/eudev
Date: Sat, 21 Aug 2021 22:46:02
1 On Sun, 22 Aug 2021 00:34:32 +0200 (CEST), karl@××××××××.se wrote:
2
3 > > This should have some of the info you need
4 > > https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Old_Fashioned_Gentoo_Install
5 >
6 > Well, I already have such a system, but developments since last
7 > year somehow just claims I have to have a lot of (for me) useless
8 > processes.
9 >
10 > I have tried the overlay route, but since some time I get:
11 >
12 > * ERROR: x11-base/xorg-server-1.18.4::aspo failed (depend phase):
13 > * xorg-2.eclass could not be found by inherit()
14 > *
15
16 You need to grab xorg-2.eclass from the git history and put it in your
17 overlay. Be prepared to repeat this process with other files.
21 Neil Bothwick
22
23 "I laugh in the face of danger, then I hide until it goes away"