From: "Alan E. Davis" <lngndvs@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Excessively simple flatfile database
Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2007 01:29:15
1 I am posting to this list as a first resort. I hope this is not off topic.
4 I've been searching for a very simple database program. I've used edb
5 (emacs database) and that works ok, for some things. All I need right now
6 is a simple, searchable, sortable list of laboratory and field data for a
7 research project.
8
9 I used a simple program called quicklist a few years ago. Perhaps it was
10 viewed as too simple? I cannot find the program anymore. I have tried
11 sqlitebrowser, it's too quirky for my immediate needs. I've also used
12 pgaccess, but I don't have tim eto learn postgresql as I probably well need
13 to do. At least for now. I used that program before with some success, and
14 it looks to have improved over the past few years.
15
16 May I elicit suggestions?
17
18 Thank you,
19
20 Alan Davis
23 Alan Davis, Kagman High School, Saipan lngndvs@×××××.com
24
25 "It's never a matter of liking or disliking ..."
26 ---Santa Ynez Chumash Medicine Man