From: Jack <ostroffjh@×××××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] problems emerging some ruby packages (almost solved)
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2022 18:51:00
1 On 2022.10.12 01:18, Arve Barsnes wrote:
2 > On Wed, 12 Oct 2022 at 02:12, Jack <ostroffjh@×××××××××××××××××.net>
3 > wrote:
4 >> As I said in my reply to Neil, why would this happen in just a
5 >> handful of packages, but not in over thirty others? mini_mime is
6 >> the other problem package, and it does not use ruby_add_bdepend so
7 >> there is only one line with USE_RUBY: 'USE_RUBY="ruby26 ruby27
8 >> ruby30 ruby31"'.
9 > >
10 >> So - why is ruby31 disabled for (so far) only these two packages?
11 >> (The other packages which are failing depend on one of these two.)
12 >
13 > Maybe these two are just written more strict? I'm unable to read the
14 > eclass to determine how it masks these flags on a stable system on
15 > these packages, it will happily install it with ruby31 on my unstable
16 > system, but you can try to unmask the flag in
17 > /etc/portage/package.use.mask
18 >
19 > dev-ruby/thor -ruby_targets_ruby31
20 Well, this almost did the trick. That file has to be in
21 /etc/portage/profile. Just having it in /etc/portage did not work. It
22 turns out the masking of ruby_targets_ruby30 and ruby_targets_ruby31 is
23 in /usr/portage/profiles/base/use.stable.mask. I still have no idea
24 why ruby31 was masked for these two packages (thor and mini_mime) but
25 not for over thirty other dev-ruby packages I have installed.
26
27 My next issue is that I installed several packages with -O (skip
28 dependencies) so now I have to work my way through finding all the
29 uninstalled dependencies I skipped, many of which will need to be
30 unmasked as they are testing.
31
32 Thanks for all the suggestions and support, and I'll report back either
33 when it's all done or if I find another blockage.
34
35 Jack