From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] mplayer(2) ???
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2011 08:04:30
1 Florian Philipp wrote:
2 > Another advantage: It abolished the horrible internationalization
3 > mechanism of mplayer1 and uses gettext now. This means I can finally
4 > post English output on mailing lists and bug trackers by executing it
5 > like 'LC_ALL=C mplayer2 foo' instead of recompiling it. It also
6 > doesn't restart playback when switching between fullscreen and window
7 > mode. One disadvantage: I often watch videos I'm recording from dvb-t.
8 > With mplayer1 I could seek behind the official end of the file (when I
9 > record 1 hour in advance, watch 15 minutes, I could seek to 1:15:00).
10 > With mplayer2, it only seeks to the official end, so if I want to seek
11 > to 1:15:00, I have to restart mplayer2. Overall, I'm quiet satisfied
12 > with mplayer2 and use it exclusively for playback. I still keep
13 > mplayer1 because mplayer2 does not provide mencoder. Regards, Florian
14 > Philipp
15
16 Does mplayer2 work with smplayer or kmplayer?
17
18 Dale
19