From: Jerry McBride <mcbrides9@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] modular Xorg made it to ~x86
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2006 01:42:19
1 On Monday 27 March 2006 18:48, Iain Buchanan wrote:
2 > I noticed after a sync a few nights ago, that modular xorg is in ~x86.
3 > I also noticed a few people here have installed a while ago already.
4 >
5 > so, can I just go ahead with it? I need a functional X on this box, but
6 > I'm happy to put up with a few quirks. What are the gotcha's?
10 For me, over a small mix of hardware I had to manually emerge twm, setx, some
11 odd fonts to get equal service from 7.0 as I had in previous 6.x.x X. Also...
12 one small plus... on my personal HP laptop sporting at 9100igt video chips...
13 dri is already present in 7.0. Before I had to install it via
14 dri.sourceforge.net.
17 Cheers.
18 --
19 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list