From: Volker Armin Hemmann <volkerarmin@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Gentoo's advantage: 'optimized for your system' -- huh?
Date: Fri, 06 Feb 2009 21:37:44
1 On Freitag 06 Februar 2009, Harry Putnam wrote:
2 > Volker Armin Hemmann <volkerarmin@××××××××××.com> writes:
3 > > and what do I, if I need to read info to be able to install emacs to read
4 > > info?
5 >
6 > You appear to be taking a potshot, not really adding to the
7 > discussion.
8 >
9 > I know you are not incapable of installing emacs and we both know you
10 > can read info without it quite well. So I'm left wondering why you
11 > add this combative post.
12
13 easy - what if you need info to get networking working - and without
14 networking you can not download emacs?
15
16 man is easy to read. Always. Info? Not.
19 > People are discussing HTML, which of course needs some reader... I'm
20 > pointing out a more advanced way to use info that may appeal to some.
21
22 less can do html just fine.
25 > And of course you can install emacs... for lots of reasons as I do.
26 > Its an excellent editor in console or X. Reading info with it is just
27 > one more of its excellent capabilities.
28
29 I used xemacs in the past - which is even better. But today kate and nano
30 replaced it for me.