From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Sound card is only usable by one application at a time
Date: Sat, 05 Dec 2009 17:21:18
1 You didn't mention whether you tried running the alsasound service in
2 order to get dmix. If enabled, it doesn't matter what sound device the
3 apps want to open.
4
5 On 12/05/2009 05:51 PM, Yoav Luft wrote:
6 > hmmm. I've managed to focus the problem: Some programs try to access
7 > to sound device called "hw:0,0" and there for do not allow it to be
8 > shared. MPD was one of them, and when I changed the setting in
9 > mpd.conf to using "default" it works. The flash player, though, still
10 > tries to access the hardware directly. I'm not sure how to reconfigure
11 > it. I'm using the adobe player.
12 > Can anyone think of away of making all programs use "default" sound
13 > output rather than "hw:0,0"?
14 > Should I report that as a bug to the mpd package maintainer, that the
15 > default setting try to access the sound device directly?
16 >