From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] automount on the CLI
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2007 23:22:19
1 Hi All,
2
3 I've looked around for an explanation, but I have failed to find enough to
4 help me understand. Would you care to explain or point me to some relevant
5 links. How is one meant to mount a USB stick when on a console?
6
7 A long time ago I created relevant entries in my fstab, because back then
8 automounting was quite involved and a tad unstable. I have still some
9 entries like:
10
11 # Flash Card
12 /dev/sda /mnt/sda auto,vfat,msdos noauto,user,noatime 0 0
13 /dev/sda1 /mnt/sda1 auto,vfat,msdos noauto,user,noatime 0 0
14 to be able to mount USB pen drives manually. However, because of these fstab
15 entries when I automount them using a GUI (Konqueror), they are mounted
16 under /mnt/sda not under /media/disk.
17
18 What options do I have?
19 --
20 Regards,