From: Denis <denis.che@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: [OT] Homebuilt Mobo bundles
Date: Fri, 06 Nov 2009 15:32:35
1 I always build my own PC, and over the years I used a few power
2 supplies made by PC Power and Cooling
3 (http://www.pcpower.com/index.html). They make a superb product, and
4 I never had a problem with it - quality and reliability. I used that
5 for my main Core 2 Duo computing machine at work, and I use it for my
6 water-cooled rig at home that has the famously hot and power-hungry
7 dual P4 Extreme Edition. I used Antec PSUs also, but those little
8 fans in those quit on me a couple times, and I wasn't thrilled about
9 that.
10
11 As far as motherboards, I've had great luck with Intel boards and will
12 recommend them over all others. They come well-packaged,
13 well-explained, seem to be well-built, well-supported in Linux and
14 never gave me any trouble over the years. Please don't flame me for
15 voicing this opinion - I am just saying what worked well for me. My
16 main objective in building a computer has been "stable performance",
17 and that's what I've been getting with Intel.
18
19 I think you can definitely reuse your Antec case, but I must echo
20 Volker's suggestion about a new power supply, unless yours is very
21 recent.