From: Ian Zimmerman <itz@××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] X upgrade and firefox
Date: Sun, 27 May 2018 03:38:06
Since the last Xorg upgrade the week of May 20th, firefox seems to quit
(ie. crash) sporadically when I play chess on lichess.org.  That leaves
me very unhappy :-( There is a log message:

[xcb] Unknown sequence number while processing queue
[xcb] Most likely this is a multi-threaded client and XInitThreads has not been called
[xcb] Aborting, sorry about that.
firefox: /var/tmp/portage/x11-libs/libX11-1.6.5/work/libX11-1.6.5/src/xcb_io.c:259: poll_for_event: Assertion `!xcb_xlib_threads_sequence_lost' failed.

At first I thought this was a firefox problem because it was updated
about the same time.  But then I intentionally downgraded firefox back
to what I thought was the "stable" version (52.6.0), and the problem
persists, so I now think it is X, either xcb or some other piece.

Has anyone seen similar?