From: Ian Zimmerman <itz@××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] X upgrade and firefox
Date: Sun, 27 May 2018 03:38:06
1 Since the last Xorg upgrade the week of May 20th, firefox seems to quit
2 (ie. crash) sporadically when I play chess on lichess.org. That leaves
3 me very unhappy :-( There is a log message:
4
5 [xcb] Unknown sequence number while processing queue
6 [xcb] Most likely this is a multi-threaded client and XInitThreads has not been called
7 [xcb] Aborting, sorry about that.
8 firefox: /var/tmp/portage/x11-libs/libX11-1.6.5/work/libX11-1.6.5/src/xcb_io.c:259: poll_for_event: Assertion `!xcb_xlib_threads_sequence_lost' failed.
9
10 At first I thought this was a firefox problem because it was updated
11 about the same time. But then I intentionally downgraded firefox back
12 to what I thought was the "stable" version (52.6.0), and the problem
13 persists, so I now think it is X, either xcb or some other piece.
14
15 Has anyone seen similar?
18 Please don't Cc: me privately on mailing lists and Usenet,
19 if you also post the followup to the list or newsgroup.
20 To reply privately _only_ on Usenet and on broken lists
21 which rewrite From, fetch the TXT record for no-use.mooo.com.