From: Jeff Grant <jgrant@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Audio CD support
Date: Fri, 01 Sep 2006 16:26:16
1 Hey Frank.
2
3 Make sure you have:
4
5 * media-plugins/xmms-cdaudio
6 Latest version available: 1.2.10-r1
7 Latest version installed: [ Not Installed ]
8 Size of files: 2,916 kB
9 Homepage: http://www.xmms.org
11 License: GPL-2
12
13 I know this used to mess me up when I was still using XMMS.
14
15 -Jeff
16
17 sdoma wrote:
18 > Hi,
19 >
20 > Does somebody know how I can get XMMS to play audio CSs? "Play audio CD"
21 > simply cleans the playlist and doesn't do anything else.
22 >
23 > In Preferences->Audio CD the Audio CD directory is set to /mnt/cdrom (We
24 > don't mount audio CDs - do we?) My cdrom drive is on /dev/hdc but I
25 > can't browse to this node. Should I set it by editing ~/.xmms/config?
26 >
27 > Is there a USE flag I'll have to set - I didn't find anything apropriate
28 > in use.desc.
29 >
30 > Thanks for any help
31 > Frank