From: Grand Duet <grand.duet@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Something went wrong with DNS, plz help!
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2014 09:08:01
1 2014-07-27 2:10 GMT+03:00 walt <w41ter@×××××.com>:
2 > On 07/26/2014 02:00 PM, Grand Duet wrote:
3 >> After the last reboot I magically have got the right /etc/resolv.conf
4 >> with DNS servers IPs.
5 >>
6 >> Even more strange is that it happened *without* my intervention:
7 >> just a few reboots (one was no enough!).
8 >
9 > I'm glad the evil spirits decided to depart.
10
11 Just temporary. To have a nap. And probably because he knew
12 that I will not do anything during the night. But now, when I turned
13 my computer on to do the real work, he came back!
14
15 Seriously, I just found out that the contents of my /etc/resolv.conf
16 is not only rewritten at every reboot but unpredictably different
17 from one reboot to another. It is either
18 # Generated by net-scripts for interface lo
19 domain mynetwork
20 or
21 # Generated by net-scripts for interface "eth0"
22 nameserver My.First.DNS-Server.IP
23 nameserver My.Second.DNS-Server.IP
24 nameserver 8.8.8.8
25
26 I am going to start another thread about it.
27 It will be called: resolv.conf is different after every reboot
28
29 > Are you using networkmanager?
30
31 No. It is not installed.
32
33 > My resolv.conf says it was created by networkmanager.
34 >
35 >> This, by the way, reminds me MS Windows very much.
36 >
37 > :)