From: "Canek Peláez Valdés" <caneko@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [Preliminary report] Gnome-3.8 update works with openrc :)
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2013 05:35:43
1 On Tue, Jul 30, 2013 at 12:26 AM, Michael Hampicke <mh@××××.biz> wrote:
2 > Am 30.07.2013 03:04, schrieb walt:
3 >> As I posted in another thread, after successfully updating to gnome-3.8
4 >> on a virtual gentoo machine that's been running systemd for months, I
5 >> tackled my openrc gentoo virtual machine just to see if I could do it.
6 >>
7 >> I just did it :) Gnome-3.8 is running on the openrc machine without
8 >> running systemd at all.
9 >
10 > Try suspending/hibernating the machine via Gnome menu. Does that work
11 > for you? Never got that to work when I used openrc.
12
13 Also:
14
15 • Can you mount (as a normal user) USB drives, CDs, sftp remote directories?
16 • Can you add a new wireless or wired networks with NetworkManager?
17 • Can you shut down the machine from the GNOME menu?
18 • Bluetooth? Printers?
19
20 All of this stuff involves logind, and ConsoleKit before it. I'm
21 pretty sure most of them, if not all, will fail with OpenRC.
22
23 Regards.
24 --
25 Canek Peláez Valdés