From: Jim Hatfield <subscriber@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] GRUB GRUB GRUB GRUB....etc
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 10:49:52
1 Can someone remind me what it means when you just
2 get millions of GRUBs scrolling up the screen.
3
4 Came back from a few days away and my box was locked up.
5 Rebooting gets me the GRUB menu but which ever kernel
6 I selected started to boot then scrolled up reams of very
7 nasty looking messages. Sounded like a hardware fault.
8
9 So I reseated the memory, CPU, all connectors, and pulled out
10 the CMOS battery for a few minutes. Rebooted, let the BIOS
11 memory test run for a while, went into the BIOS setup, reset
12 to factory defaults, did a "reset configuration data".
13
14 Now on boot I just get the continuous scrolling GRUBs. I've
15 seen it before but I can't remember what it means....
16
17 Jim
20 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list