From: Willie Wong <wwong@×××××××××.edu>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] USE flags...
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 22:54:00
1 On Mon, Oct 24, 2005 at 05:13:13PM -0500, Eric Waguespack wrote:
2 > say for example I installed Gentoo with some USE flags, but then I
3 > changed my mind and wanted to add (for example) the "offensive" USE
4 > flag to my make.conf (I have no idea what offensive does, but with a
5 > name like that, it must be good http://gentoo-portage.com/USE ). what
6
7 Offensive turns on, well, possibly offensive content. For x-screensaver,
8 one of the screensavers grabs images off the internet and make a mosaic.
9 Turning on the offensive flag means you might get porn and/or goatse
10 in there. For fortune, that enables the -o option, which produces insults.
11 There might be more....
12
13 > would I do (short of a reinstallation) to recompile everything with
14 > these new USE flags?
15
16 Now, onto the real stuff:
17
18 emerge --newuse world
19
20 W
23 Willie W. Wong
24 wwong@××××××××××××××.edu
25 brought to you by the Roman letter i, the Hebrew letter \aleph, the Greek
26 letter \pi, and the non-letter \hbar
27 --
28 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list