From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] UPS and serial or USB connections
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2012 22:20:07
1 On Wed, Sep 19, 2012 at 5:09 PM, Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > On Wed, Sep 19, 2012 at 2:49 PM, Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
3 >> Paul Hartman wrote:
4 > <SNIP>
5 >>> If you use the nvidia-drivers package you should also emerge
6 >>> nvidia-settings, which has a nice GUI that will let you configure the
7 >>> multiple screens and decide how you'd like to treat them.
8 >
9 > Actually, I believe with the newest nvidia-drivers packages
10 > nvidia-settings is now part of that package so no need to emerge it
11 > specifically anymore.
12 >
13 > mark@slinky ~ $ eix -Ic nvidia
14 > [I] dev-util/nvidia-cuda-sdk (4.2{tbz2}@09/01/12): NVIDIA CUDA
15 > Software Development Kit
16 > [I] dev-util/nvidia-cuda-toolkit (4.2{tbz2}@09/01/12): NVIDIA CUDA Toolkit
17 > [I] x11-drivers/nvidia-drivers (304.48{tbz2}@09/14/12): NVIDIA X11
18 > driver and GLX libraries
19 > Found 3 matches.
20 > mark@slinky ~ $ equery files nvidia-drivers | grep nvidia-settings
21 > /etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc.d/95-nvidia-settings
22 > /opt/bin/nvidia-settings
23 > /usr/share/man/man1/nvidia-settings.1.bz2
24 > mark@slinky ~ $
25 >
26 > I think this has been true for awhile but I only recently ran across it.
27
28 You're right, it is installed via the "tools" USE flag on nvidia-drivers now.