From: Dietrich Moerman <dietrich.moerman@×××××××.be>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] initrd for LVM no longer works
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2007 20:31:58
1 Hello,
2
3 I am using kernel 2.6.20-gentoo-r6 and an LVM setup with all partitions except /boot in LVM volumes. I use lvm2create_initrd to create the initrd. This worked with the previous kernel (2.6.19), however with the new initrd the system does not boot (kernel panic - init not found).
4
5 I am pretty sure the kernel itself is not the cause, since booting 2.6.19 with the new initrd didn't work as well. Also, ramdisk has a size of 10240 KB set up in the kernel, which should be enough since the initrd is only 5 MB when uncompressed. Mounting the initrd shows that init exists in the usual sbin/init place.
6
7 Sadly I don't have the old working initrd anymore, I wouldn't know what could be possibly wrong right now.
8
9 Any help is appreciated.
10 Thanks.
14 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list