From: "J. Roeleveld" <joost@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] What's with foomatic-filters and cups-filters?
Date: Mon, 09 Jun 2014 17:57:00
1 >Are you still here, still listening? Ye gods, this mail is 5x longer
2 >than I thought it would be. I personally have given up on printing
3 >period. I either randomly hit useful looking buttons in KDE's config
4 >widget hoping it will work, or at work I print to PDF, put it on a USB
5 >dongle and wander over to my wife's desk saying please print this on
6 >your windows machine.
7
8 I usually get printing working from Linux before I get it working on MS Windows.
9 Then again. Some printers accept a USB stick with PDFs and can print them natively. Those aren't too expensive either.
12 Joost
15 Sent from my Android device with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.