From: Indi <thebeelzebubtrigger@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How do I eject an audio CD inside Gnome?
Date: Sat, 04 Jun 2011 22:56:43
1 On Sat, Jun 04, 2011 at 11:09:28PM +0100, Stroller wrote:
2 >
3 > You know, Finder is not as bad as you would imagine.
6 I don't have to imagine.
7 Bought my first Mac (an SE) in 1987, and my last in 2009.
8 The '87 SE still works, the 2009 mini no longer does and was a
9 buggy piece o' crap all its life. Unusual, yes. I was unlucky.
10 I still use a G4 eMac running Tiger for some audio work, you
11 can't beat macs for that -- but I can't stand to use one as an
12 all-purpose computer.
13
14 If you have to move large amounts of data around Finder is
15 horrible. Of course it's fine for lite duty use like moving data
16 to your usb stick.
17
18 And Apple Mail will screw you over, refusing to wrap properly or
19 suddenly composing in html without telling you and after it's already
20 been told text only, etc etc. I've had plenty enough experience using
21 a Mac to give an informed opinion and submit rational observations,
22 thank you. :)
23
24 Of course, there are *many* conflicting informed opinions, it depends
25 on what you do and how you prefer to do it. For some people OS X is
26 the bee's knees.
27
28 As for the "low standards" crack, I apologize if you were offended,
29 it wasn't meant to be serious.
32 caveat utilitor