From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Brother Scanner
Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2012 01:37:09
1 Silvio Siefke wrote:
2 > On Fri, 19 Oct 2012 20:14:14 -0600
3 > Joseph <syscon780@×××××.com> wrote:
4 >
5 >> try to append to this file: genesys.con
6 >> usb 0x04f9 0x01eb
7 >>
8 >> and restart the system.
9 >
10 > i have make, but change nothing. scanimage found not the scanner and
11 > xsane same. Maybe goes not under Linux.
14 > Regards
15 > Silvio
20 If it is not seeing it still, could it be that something is missing in
21 the kernel and it is hardware/driver related?
22
23 Also, you did make sure it is plugged up correctly? Maybe try
24 connecting it to another port too?
25
26 My brother, family brother not hardware brother, recently had the
27 scanner part go dead in his combo. The printer would work but nothing
28 related to the scanner worked. Possible?
29
30 Does anyone know if there is something specific to the scanner that
31 needs to be in the kernel? I don't have a scanner yet.
32
33 Dale
34
38 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how you interpreted my words!